The San Luis Obispo County Bicycle Coalition is now hiring a full time Programs Director to oversee our countywide programs! Read the description below and follow the instruction to apply to join our growing and incredible team.
Programs Director Position Description
The SLO County Bicycle Coalition exists to improve the quality of life on the Central Coast through bicycling advocacy, education, and inspiration. It is our goal to work with the community to help more people engage in the safe, fun and healthy habit of choosing active transportation.
The Programs Director will be responsible for all oversight of our Bike Education, Bike Valet, Bike Kitchen, and Kidical Mass programs and shall perform additional duties assigned by the Executive Director. Specifically, the Programs Director will need to demonstrate the ability to excel in the areas of: event management, contract work, invoicing, volunteer recruitment, volunteer management, bicycle education, public speaking to audiences ranging from small groups of adults to full elementary schools, interaction with diverse public clientele, and acting as a respectful smart cycling ambassador to the community. Work hours are flexible and may include afternoons, evenings, and weekends. This is a full time position consisting of approximately 40 hours per week.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- 4 years experience interacting with the public representing an organization, club, company, or community group.
- 2 years retail sales, outreach, or public speaking experience.
- Experience with event coordination & community relations.
- Experience with gmail, drive, google calendar, and google groups.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office and the willingness to learn additional skills in programs such as Adobe Creative Suite, QuickBooks and Web Content Management (using CMS).
- Bachelors Degree.
- Expertise with public speaking, demonstrated comfort speaking to audiences ranging from small groups of adults to full elementary schools.
- Expertise with community relations, event planning and coordination, and volunteer recruitment and management.
- High-Level competency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, QuickBooks, and Web Content Management.
- Knowledge of non-profit management and membership recruitment techniques.
- Experience with fundraising.
- A love for riding bikes for everyday transportation and recreation.
- Self motivated, creative, and extremely well organized.
- This position pays $13.00/hour – $15.25/hour commensurate with experience. Benefits include 2 weeks personal time off, federal holidays off, and a $2,000 annual stipend for medical insurance.
Anti Discrimination Policy:
The San Luis Obispo County Bicycle Coalition does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, including but not limited to race, color, creed, sex, gender, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation. All such discrimination is unlawful and prohibited by the SLO County Bicycle Coalition.
How to Apply:
Please follow application instructions strictly.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 pm (PST) on Monday, January 27, 2014.
Submit cover letter and resume as a single pdf document.
Format document title as follows: LastName_ProgramDirectorApplication.pdf
Email document to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line reading: Program Director Application