The advocacy efforts of the SLO County Bicycle Coalition have gotten more sophisticated over the past year, with a special team of behind the scenes advocates representing all corners of San Luis Obispo County. Join our expanded advocacy team by attending our 2nd annual Advocacy Mini-Summit on Sunday, October 20th, 2013, from 1:00 to 4:00pm.
Ongoing conversations with passionate advocates, families and local leaders have led to numerous victories in 2013 and help set the stage for a great Advocacy Mini-Summit!
Our annual Mini-Summit is designed to help you become a better bicycle advocate and learn how to help make bicycle friendly improvements in your community. The program for the afternoon includes:
- Q&A with an expert panel of local leaders
- A copy of our custom advocacy toolkit
- Interactive brainstorming session for future projects
- Light refreshments
- …and more!
With more people on the ground advocating to complete planned bicycle projects, the easier it is for all of us to create a bicycle-friendly SLO County! Sign up below, it’s free, and invaluable in helping us complete our bike paths. Our expert panelists include:
- Bruce Gibson, Board of Supervisors
- Jessica Berry, Planner, SLOCOG
- Jamie Irons, Mayor, Morro Bay
- Derek Johnson, Community Development Director, San Luis Obispo
If you are having trouble with the form below, you can use this link to sign up online.