Everyone wants their bike to be unique, having a custom headbadge is an extremely easy way to make this happen! The folks at the Bicycle Escape have a series of bottle cap headbadges to do just that.
Sometimes bartape doesn’t want to stay on securely the way you want it to. Luckily that cork from your previous bottle of wine can come in handy to provide an easy fix!
- Wrap the bartape as you normally would, stuffing the end of it into your handlebar
- Use the cork as a plug to keep the tape in place
You have a legal right to be on the road and we’ll give you the tools to make it easy. Our workshops teach traffic psychology and techniques that will empower you while you ride. August’s workshop is held in the afternoon, giving you more time to sleep in before you join us as we share our bike joy and knowledge with you!
When: Saturday, September 17th, 8:30am – 1:00pm
Where: Coalition Headquarters, 860 Pacific St, SLO (map)
Why: With confidence, bicycling is a safe and enjoyable way to travel. Join the movement!
How: More details and registration can be found online here.
Being able to carry stuff on your bicycle is a great way to make riding a bicycle the best way to get around. Rear racks are really easy to find (try the Bike Kitchen!), inexpensive, and simple to install on your bicycle.
Most of rear racks give you the ability to use a bungee across them in order to strap things onto it, the same can be done to front racks as well.
- Find a used intertube (they’re generally free and easy to find)
- Hook it around the rack mount tab on the lower portion of the rack
- Stretch it across to the other side of the rack
- That’s it, we told you it was easy!
One of the best ways to communicate with motorists while you’re on a bike is to make eye contact. This way you can be sure they see you, and you can let them know what you are doing.
From New York’s Transportation Alternatives “Biking Rules” campaign.
Join this Thursday for the LAST Kidical Mass of 2011, with a “School Spirit” theme! The ride is open to kids of all ages and is a great chance for parents to teach their kids to ride smart. Bring your friends, represent your school, the more the merrier!
Check out photos from this year’s Kidical Mass rides on our flickr photostream.
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
Blog: News & Events
- Support the Preferred Alternative 02/01/2018
- Stand up for the Broad St Bicycle Boulevard 12/06/2017
- #GivingTuesday 2017 Facebook Fundraisers 11/28/2017
- Help make Giving Tuesday 2017 Great! 11/27/2017
- Congratulations to the 2017 Red Davis Award Winners! 11/07/2017
860 Pacific St, Suite 105
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Bike Kitchen Hours:
Thursday 6:30 pm Women's Night
Friday 12:00 - 5:00 pm
Saturday 12:00 - 5:00 pm
Sunday 12:00 - 5:00 pm